The Pakistan Stock Exchange has ended Thursday’s session on a negative note, with the benchmark KSE-100 index losing 554.81 points, or 1.08 per cent, by the close of the trading session to reach 50,956.60.
Volumes were led by technology and communication, commercial banking and chemical stocks as the benchmark index continued its bearish streak following the MSCI upgrade.
69 million shares changed hands by the end of the session, with a total worth of nearly Rs7.15 billion.
Stocks of 405 companies were traded, of which 183 gained in value, 204 declined and 18 remained unchanged.
Volumes were led by:
- WorldCall Telecom: 32.5m shares traded [+5.62pc];
- Engro Polymer: 15.1m shares traded [+0.94pc];
- Silk Bank Ltd: 14.2m shares traded [+6.86pc];
- Lotte Chemical: 13.8m shares traded [-1.68pc]; and,
- Quice Food: 13.6m shares traded [+5.05pc].